Do you track your IT assets, their usage, status, and costs?
Without an IT asset management (ITAM) software, you might find it hard to keep up with all the information, updates, and changes that occur in your IT environment on a daily basis.
This will prevent you from maximizing the value of your IT assets and understanding how to save on IT costs.
With proper ITAM software in place, however, you can save up to 30% of your IT budget.
Choosing the right ITAM software, though, is far from easy. There are a lot of ITAM tools on the market, so it can be hard to find the one right for your business.
To make your decision-making easier, we created this article, covering 10 best ITAM software solutions on the market, as well as a primer on how to pick the right software based on your needs.
Let’s get started!
IT asset management (ITAM) is the process of managing all your IT assets.
ITAM is usually done with the help of software that keeps track of all IT assets in one place.
The IT assets include the company’s software, hardware, networks, and all other business technologies.
Additionally, ITAM software has all the IT asset data that will help you manage your IT assets better.
This data includes:
- Financial data including purchase fees, maintenance costs, and other supplier information.
- Inventory data that includes the condition of your assets, their ownership, and location.
- Contractual data including Terms and Conditions, support agreements, warranties, and leases.
Once you have all your IT assets organized in one place, ITAM software will help you:
- Be compliant and audit-ready at all times.
- Eliminate extra maintenance costs.
- Make better decisions about future IT purchases.
- Remove any underused IT assets.
So, which is the best IT asset management software that can help you achieve all that?
With the advanced automation and streamlined workflows, you can collaboratively manage and control the company’s assets.
- Streamline employee onboarding and offboarding
- Track software usage
- Get reports and insights on your SaaS and IT spend usage
Pricing Plans: Ask for a customized pricing plan.
SolarWinds is an AI-powered help desk that supports IT asset management and ticket management. With this cloud-based solution, you can track your compliance, inventory, and costs. The software has an easy setup and user-friendly interface.
- Automated device discovery
- Easy management of the procurement, maintenance, and requisition processes
- Entirely web-hosted solution with good support desk
- Team – $19/user per month
- Business – $39/user per month
- Professional – $69/user per month
- Enterprise – $89/user per month
ServiceNow tracks all the contractual, financial, and inventory details of your company’s software and hardware assets, as well as their entire lifecycle. The reports you can generate are customizable.
- Customizable and easy to generate reports
- Tracking of incidents, users’ assets, and asset usage
- A variety of ways to reach out to the support team
Pricing Plans: Contact the vendor for pricing details.
Asset Panda tracks and supports all your IT assets throughout their entire lifecycle. With this ITAM software, you can track your compliance and gather all audit-related information.
The software has a convenient mobile app that enables you to keep track of all IT asset information on the go.
- Free Android and iOS applications
- Supports videos, images, and voice recording
- Clean and easy-to-navigate user interface
Pricing Plans: Prices start at $1,499/500 assets per year. Contact the vendor for more pricing details.
Freshservice is an IT help desk with a user-friendly interface and advanced integration capabilities with other software. With it, you can automatically discover new IT assets, as well as manage their costs and maintenance. The software is helpful for change and incident management too.
- Small teams – $29/user per month
- Growing teams – $59/user per month
- Large teams – $99/user per month
- Enterprise – $99/ user per month billed yearly (annual commitment only)
- Wide variety of integrations
- Easy to use tools for managing tickets, problems, and changes
- Automated discovery tool
SysAid is a convenient IT asset management and help desk software. The software comes with a mobile app and navigating through it is intuitive. With this software, you can manage different maintenance and configuration activities, as well as track your compliance.
- User-friendly customizable interface
- Compliance tracking and audit management
- Easily manage all asset contract and licenses from one place
Pricing Plans: This software has 3 plans -Free, Basic, and Full. The paid plans are customizable. Contact the vendor to tailor a price to your specific needs.
Ivanti IT Asset Management provides you with asset lifecycle management, automated discovery, and software license compliance. However, the installation process might take a bit more time. In return, though, you get good tech support, and the software is relatively easy to use.
- Has both desktop and mobile apps
- Easy software license management
- User-friendly interface and many tech support options
Pricing Plans: Ask for a quote.
Spiceworks makes it easy to keep track of everything that’s happening on your company’s network. You can see what devices are installed and get alerts when an asset needs maintenance. And the best part is that you can get Spiceworks for free (if you don’t mind the ads, that is).
- Get alerts if your assets need maintenance or repairs
- See what devices are connected to your network
- User-friendly interface and convenient ticketing system
Pricing Plans: All Spiceworks plans are free with ads. An ad-free version of the plans is available for $45 per month or $495 per year.
Ninja RMM is a cloud-based software with an intuitive interface. With it, you can manage network devices remotely and with ease. The tools enable you to monitor, secure, and optimize your servers, user workstations, and devices.
- Easy to set up and customize
- Get access to all your hardware and software inventories
- Monitor the state and performance of all your IT assets
Pricing Plans: The pricing starts at $3/month and there is a free trial available. For more pricing details contact the vendor.
Device42 enables you to auto-discover, track, and monitor your IT assets and understand their interdependencies with advanced visual graphs and reports. The software enables you to accurately document and automates your infrastructure too.
Pricing Plans: The pricing starts at $1,499/year. Contact the vendor for customized pricing based on the number of your devices and IP addresses.
- Detection of any changes in the status of your assets
- Software license monitoring
- Easy cost and compliance tracking
As you can see, there are a lot of options on the market and it might be hard to understand which one is the best choice.
To make things easier, we have a list of the features you should look for in your ITAM software.
When you’re choosing an ITAM software, remember that all your employees and managers will use it.
This means your ITAM should be easy to use and have a user-friendly interface.
After all, you don’t want your employees to be slowed down by figuring out an overly-complicated system.
Search for a solution that is going to take only a few clicks for your employees to put their asset request approvals and will be simple enough for managers to generate IT usage reports and keep track of license compliance.
Make sure your ITAM software can support your IT assets through their entire lifecycle. That includes procurement, discovery, tracking, maintenance, repairs, and retirement.
Otherwise, you’ll have to manage part of the lifecycle outside the system which is going to be inefficient and increase the risk of human error.
Look for an ITAM software that supports all the features that will be of use.
That includes more basic features like asset discovery and tracking, as well as advanced features like generating compliance and lifecycle reports, tracking different KPIs, and getting email alerts when your license is about to expire.
An ITAM that integrates with other software you’re using is a must. Otherwise, you’ll have to manually transfer data from ITAM to other software and vice versa. This is can be both time-consuming, and very tedious.
Before settling down with a specific ITAM, do your research on the after-sales support.
Ask whether they’ll be available to provide help only during specific working hours, how you can reach them, and how fast they respond.
Whether you need assistance or you need to troubleshoot, you have to know how your problems will be solved.
To wrap up, let’s see what we just covered:
- ITAM software helps you manage all your IT assets from one place.
- To pick the best ITAM software look for features like ease of use, complete lifecycle management, mobility, and integration with other systems among others.
Now, it should be much easier to choose the right ITAM software. So, go ahead and give ITAM a try!